Tooling Sales Estimator
Lakeville, MN 55044 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Estimator - Stamping Tool & Die
Impact Recruiting Partners Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Our Client is a fast growing metalworking company. They provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands, like Caterpiller and Polaris with1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. They invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible.
Summary: Supervises and leads processes and teams that generate quotes for all customers and services within the assigned scope of responsibility to achieve Company volume and profitability growth objectives. Build strong relationships with customers. Support customers with engineering support to bring products to production.
- Liaison between their 25 main customerson projects that involved Tooling.
- Help drive sales, establishing 140-170 quotes per month KPI.
- Leveraging the Estimating/Project MGT function, help add new viable customers each year.
- Using Estimating outputs and expertise, Help expose our Client to 2-3 new marketssuch as medical, Big Auto, Class A, Tier 2 Automotive.
- Mentor & Develop less experienced estimators& help establish metrics & progression plans for various Estimator levels.
- Add Automation, Continuous Improvement and OEE measurements for Tooling into the Estimating process to increase Throughput.
- Bring two new methods to the department, i.e. small die tools, shimmy dies, hydroforming, etc.
- Help establish new Estimating processes/methods/technologyfor new Materials/Product lines.
- Establish new talent programs for beginning designers, such as apprenticeships, onboarding for new hires, and development for existing employees
- Analyzes the customer industry and print packagesto determine if the work fits Company and provides a quality product to that customer.
- Gathers all information needed to determine price, including the process, material, and outside services. Prepares the calculations to determine the costs.
- Communicates with the customer on the price and information needed about the quote. Follows up on quote to see if it is competitive with this project.
- Consults with internal departments once we have products to produce. Communicates with the customer about the progress of their product.
- Analyzes job history to determine new pricesare available and checks on job performance.
- Further develops existing accounts to maximum sales potential, with the sales manager.
What you'll get:
- $75000-90000K Base Salary, depending on Experience
- 8% Bonus
- Relocation assistance as needed
- Full Benefits
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: Strongly prefer at least (2) Two years related tool and die and/or design experience and a total of Six (6) years in a stamping, forming, or metal-working environment, which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Prior experience in an Estimating Lead or Supervisor roleis strongly preferred, but not required.
- Must understand technology and Company products extremely well.
- Must have developed good/key relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to seek out and identify new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be capable of working with a high degree of personal discipline.
- Must have potential CAD/computer skills a plus sales leadership qualities.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Impact Recruiting Partners
1902 East Battlefield, Suite A
Springfield, MO 65804
Job Type: Full-time
Meet Your Recruiter
Co-Founder, Impact Recruiting Partners, a WorldBridge Partners Affiliate
Throughout Brad’s career, he has been fortunate to work across many industries and operations specializing in Procurement & Supply Chain. This wide range of experience gives him an in-depth view of the job market and the background and knowledge to strategically match prospective candidates to the right opportunity. Brad’s passion is to positively impact lives by connecting the most experienced and qualified candidates with the best opportunities and helping all of his clients reach their goals.
Prior to opening Impact Recruiting Partners, Brad acquired 13 years of in-role experiences and talent acquisition with companies in various industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and building products.
In his free time, Brad enjoys spending quality time with his wife and kids. He is a proud graduate and supporter of Missouri State University, and also spends his time volunteering in various way, including the MSU Alumni Association Board of Directors and supporting MSU Athletics, especially his daughter’s beloved Lady Bears Basketball team! Go Bears!