Technical Specialist - Fluid Power
Technical Specialist – Fluid Power
WorldBridge Partners, an Executive Recruitment firm, is currently working with a client in Mississippi that is seeking a Technical Specialist – Fluid Power for its Gulf Coast plant. This plant produces Steel Pipe for the Oil & Gas/Water Industries. This plant is very busy these days with a full order book. Due to the increased business the plant needs to strengthen its Maintenance Organization by adding additional talent.
PURPOSE: To support plant operations by providing fluid power expertise to make effective use of company resources.
SCOPE: Directly responsible for compressed air, hydraulic, cooling water, and lubrication equipment throughout the plant.
STATUS: Report directly to the Manager Mechanical Maintenance. There are no direct reports to this position.
- Lead hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Performs routine PM, PdM, and repair work on all fluid power systems.
- Directly trains mechanical technicians.
- Leads and participates in failure analysis along with the PLC and Drives specialist.
- Supports and conducts regular analysis of the mechanical maintenance process concerning technical issues.
- Supports and participates in the development of improvement programs, prepares investment evaluations, and installation of improvement measures.
- Supports management in optimizing quality, cost, availability and performance (six-sigma).
- Ensures spare part availability and completeness of technical documentation.
- Responsible for improving equipment.
- Analyze condition trends through condition monitoring and equipment history and initiate work orders as indicated.
- Monitor shift reports and initiate work orders as indicated.
Education and QUALIFICATIONS FOR Fluid Power Specialist:
- Expert level Knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in hydraulic system maintenance in a heavy industrial environment.
B.S. degree in relevant related area, or equivalent education, training, and experience.
• Expert level Reading and understanding hydraulic drawings.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Experience with computerized maintenance management system, preferably SAP
• Knowledge of instrumentation, electrical measurement, sensor technology, basic electrical technology.
Basic knowledge of PLC, sensor, electrical components.
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS:
- Hydraulic failures will continually decrease.
- Hydraulic troubleshooting ability of each mechanic will increase to high level.
- Hydraulic oil consumption will be minimized.
- Reliability of hydraulic components will reach high levels.
- Leaks in hydraulic, compressed air, and water systems will reach near zero.
- SAP hydraulic spare parts list is comprehensive for each machine.
- Hydraulic Storeroom stock levels will reach zero stockout without over stocking.
- PM compliance will reach 95%.
- Assist to see that Each planned job will be assembled to include WO, parts, tool list, special instructions, technical information:drawings, tech sheets, SDS…
- Each machine failure will be analyzed to see if different PM or PdM will eliminate it.
- Establish electronic technical library for hydraulic equipment.
- Comprehensive job plans will be created for each machine
- Delay rates will continuously improve.
- Work order backlog will be current.
- Job list used in planning will be kept current daily.
- Microsoft Project will be used for work planning.
Keywords: Steel, Pipe, Tube, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Breakdown, Engineering, Electrical, Electrical Maintenance, production, lean, continuous improvement, safety, PLCs, Drives, Motors, fluid power, hydraulics, preventative maintenance, six sigma, installation,