Lake Zurich, IL
Our client is not only a leader in the packaging industry, they are also a leader in customer service. They are a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of various packaging products in the U.S. That coupled with their outstanding culture makes them a great place to work. If you are a Tax Accountant looking to advance your career with a thriving company, this is the opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Work with outside firms to insure accurate and timely filing of sales and use and property tax returns.
- Assist with state and local use tax audits. This includes procuring necessary detailed information, managing the audit process, discussions with the auditors, preparation of requested schedules, formation of dispute workpapers and support, post-audit documentation and communicating with personnel.
- Review and approval on the proper handling of sales tax exemptions.
- Oversee maintenance of tax licenses/permits.
- Research and respond to inquiries and notices from state and local sales and use taxing authorities, vendors, customers, and company personnel.
- Research and analyze complex sales and use tax issues.
- Monitor state and local sales and use tax developments, including understanding how these developments affect the company’s operations.
As a member of the Tax Department, the Tax Accountant is responsible for knowing and following policies and procedures of the company; for sharing information that would benefit other members of the team; and for finding ways to improve the delivery of service to customers.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent is required, CPA is preferred.
- 1 to 4+ years’ experience with a preferred focus in the state sales and use tax area. Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and consistently meeting deadlines are required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Tax Compliance Software, and On-Line Tax Research Databases is required.
Contact Andrew today. email@example.com / 847-550-1300 ext 43