Supplier Quality Engineer
Peoria, IL 61525 US
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of their products. They have an innovative range of products and solutions and deliver these solutions to numerous key industries like Recreational Vehicle and Mining Equipment Manufacturing. They offer competitive salaries, service rewards, recognition awards, work/life balance, and a fun/safe working environment. Come and be a part of a great team that will give you the opportunity to grow within your profession.
*Benefits starting 1st of the month
*401(k) match and discounted stock
*Up to $2,700 annual HSA BTD contribution
*Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term, Long Term, Accident, and Critical Illness insurance
Serve as main quality contact person in regards to part acceptability for supplied parts or services and works directly with production, sales and engineering to meet customer expectations. Respond to calls from production, sales, engineering and the customer to resolve issues regarding product quality from supplied parts or services. Assesses, develops and maintains suppliers through strategic selection, data driven assessments, issue resolution, lean policies and value analysis. Is a resource to train and improve supplier awareness in regards to achieving customer quality expectations and requirements. Communicates all improvements made to supplied product and services to ensure future estimates and processing plans of current product are accurate.
1. Provides suitable options to leadership that ensure Company quality reputation and cost control when questions or concerns are brought up in regard to part quality and customer expectations.
2. Is a resource for suppliers at the quoting stage to ensure supplier quotes are meeting customer specifications and expectations
3. Gives guidance to quality auditors and inspectors to answer questions regarding quality for specific customers and is able to perform inspection of products to confirm status of suspect material.
4. Maintains familiarity with customer’s specifications, part application, inspection methods, production processes and all other factors affecting the production of the customer’s parts.
5. Identifies weaknesses in processes that negatively affect part quality and contributes ideas for corrective action.
6. Execute issue resolution through Corrective Action system including reviewing and approving supplier Corrective Action plans and, when needed, getting customer QE involved in the approval process.
7. Works closely with supplier to ensure that processes are capable of producing a quality product that meets the customer’s requirements; assures process changes made to improve quality do not negatively affect productivity.
8. Works in combination with sales, purchasing and supplier to identify cost savings projects.
9. Performs audits to validate adherence to management system; assists with developing appropriate corrective action
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Graduation from high school or equivalent and two or four year technical college or university with degree or certificate in a technical field with a minimum two (2) years directly related experience; six (6) years directly related experience may substitute for advanced degree. Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Experience and Skills: At least two years of recent Stamping or Metalworking or Similar experience in operations, manufacturing engineering or quality (outside experience in similar organizations with similar processes may substitute) which include the following skills and abilities:
1. Ability to effectively communicate with computer, phone, drawings and written skills.
2. Ability to read, interpret and understand the use and application of production blueprints and specifications.
3. Can provide, communicate and implement ideas that improve safety, quality, delivery and cost in part processing.
4. Trained in systematic problem solving and able to teach suppliers the process
BRAD COY, MBA
Co-Founder & Search Consultant
Impact Recruiting Partners
Meet Your Recruiter
Co-Founder, Impact Recruiting Partners, a WorldBridge Partners Affiliate
Throughout Brad’s career, he has been fortunate to work across many industries and operations specializing in Procurement & Supply Chain. This wide range of experience gives him an in-depth view of the job market and the background and knowledge to strategically match prospective candidates to the right opportunity. Brad’s passion is to positively impact lives by connecting the most experienced and qualified candidates with the best opportunities and helping all of his clients reach their goals.
Prior to opening Impact Recruiting Partners, Brad acquired 13 years of in-role experiences and talent acquisition with companies in various industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and building products.
In his free time, Brad enjoys spending quality time with his wife and kids. He is a proud graduate and supporter of Missouri State University, and also spends his time volunteering in various way, including the MSU Alumni Association Board of Directors and supporting MSU Athletics, especially his daughter’s beloved Lady Bears Basketball team! Go Bears!