Staff Engineer (Mechanical Design)
1902 East Battlefield , Suite A Springfield, MO 65804 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Are you a proven, professional Engineer with a passion for and track record of success with Structural Product Design AND Process/Project Engineering to ensure the Client and Customer's best business outcome? Do you want to join a Top 5 National Category player who is growing even more year over year? Then we'd like to visit with you!!!
Our Client is a national leader in their product space, based here in Springfield, MO for over 50 YRS. With a long-standing reputation for high-quality equipment and excellent customer service, they built a culture on open book management transparency and in-house training for advancement.
Additionally, Springfield, the third largest city in the state of Missouri, is nestled in the lakes region of the beautiful Ozark mountains. The Springfield area offers a variety of recreational activities, hospitality, security, quality schools, and a favorable cost of living.
Summary: Generates and manages all process and structural engineering information needed to complete a Customer project. This Team Member is responsible for the protection and promotion of the interests of Client in all matters of these projects.
- Provide process and structural engineering analysis and design of specialized products
- Review sales orders, specifications, and cost estimates to assure design output fulfills requirements.
- Prepare design calculations and perform / direct the preparation of drawings and design documents.
- Review all drawings and specifications and ensure they properly relate to the estimate.
- Interact with other departments for technical support and guidance.
- Establish and maintain document control procedures.
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required.
- Mechanical Design experience with engineered, fabricated products.
- Experience in heat transfer analysis & fluid mechanics preferred.
- Experience with FEA and other structural analysis software preferred.
- Good AutoCAD and Inventor skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Knowledge of relevant standards like ASME.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks with little supervision in a fast paced, cross functional environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Shows initiative to perform duties beyond assignment-specific duties.
What you'll get:
- $75-100K Salary, dependent upon experience
- 7-8% Bonus, dependent upon company performance
- Relocation assistance as needed
- Full Benefits
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A BS/BA in Engineering, Engineering Technology or similar degree program is required. PE Certificate preferred.
- At least four (2) years of experience in a process, structural or mechanically design oriented engineering related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures
- A broad understanding of a wide spectrum of materials, their characteristics and their tolerances and limitations.
Impact Recruiting Partners
1902 East Battlefield, Suite A
Springfield, MO 65804
Meet Your Recruiter
Co-Founder, Impact Recruiting Partners, a WorldBridge Partners Affiliate
Throughout Brad’s career, he has been fortunate to work across many industries and operations specializing in Procurement & Supply Chain. This wide range of experience gives him an in-depth view of the job market and the background and knowledge to strategically match prospective candidates to the right opportunity. Brad’s passion is to positively impact lives by connecting the most experienced and qualified candidates with the best opportunities and helping all of his clients reach their goals.
Prior to opening Impact Recruiting Partners, Brad acquired 13 years of in-role experiences and talent acquisition with companies in various industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and building products.
In his free time, Brad enjoys spending quality time with his wife and kids. He is a proud graduate and supporter of Missouri State University, and also spends his time volunteering in various way, including the MSU Alumni Association Board of Directors and supporting MSU Athletics, especially his daughter’s beloved Lady Bears Basketball team! Go Bears!