Fergus Falls, MN 56537 US
Our Client, a growth driven, people-focused Manufacturer in the Building Materials sector, is searching for a superstar Continuous Improvement Manager to add to their highly successful & growing Team in Minnesota!
The successful Candidate will not only join a top-notch local Team with a tremendous family-centric, supportive, and fun culture, but will have the ability to grow long-term as the Company achieves mult-site & markte share growth initiatives.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
If you’re a reliable and consistent self-starter who enjoys working with and developing a group of people, then join our team! We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Production/Operations Manager who will coordinate all manufacturing activities in assigned departments to produce high-quality parts and assemblies for our products, while satisfying our customers at the lowest possible cost. You will identify, develop and implement programs, policies and procedures which support total customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, where applicable in relation to this position. Our current opening is for a 1st shift Operations Manager who will manage our shift production supervisors along with select production personnel. Key responsibilities include the ability to coach and lead teams to build and develop their skills in order to consistently meet goals and be mutually successful.
As Production/Operations Manager, you will lead the safety, productivity, lean activities, and quality functions of your team and the products they manufacture on all shifts. You will also create a welcoming environment where you facilitate open and honest communication, respectfully challenge mediocrity, and drive results tied to clear expectations of your team. In addition, you will be expected to create a culture that meets core values, and consistently addresses behaviors of team members that are not in alignment.
SELECT ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all production value streams, including assembly and fabrication
- Provide safety guidance and support, along with enforcing safety violations
- Coaching the team on quality expectations and conducting quality product and process audits
- Drive thoughtful discussions at daily production meeting to ensure all shifts have a clear plan to support live orders, project work, and stock build (per the plan
- Manage and own the Staffing Spreadsheet, and use the data to drive OT and staffing decisions. Work with appropriate resources to update efficiency, absenteeism, turnover and indirect staffing needs.
- Oversee production kpay activities, including approvals for direct reports
- Manage employee 30 and 90 day employee review process and timely completion
- Provide shift supervisors and leads with the tools needed to communicate daily safety, productivity, and quality, results and expectations via the Tier 1 meetings and shift hand off.
- Drive weekly near miss/safety/maintenance request form expectation through supervisors
- Conducting weekly 1-1 discussions with direct reports
- Performing regular feedback to direct reports and select team members in your area of responsibility including positive reinforcement for meeting or exceeding results, and if necessary, disciplinary action.
- Observing and analyzing the trends and/or tendencies in your metrics in order to optimize your teams productivity and performance
- Managing through supervisors to meet or exceed expectations developed during Kaizen events including flow, standard work, and cross training. Managing to a takt time and identifying and eliminating process abnormalities
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred; OR 1-2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We look forward to engaging with you today to discuss your future with this outstanding Client in this exciting role!!
Meet Your Recruiter
Co-Founder, Impact Recruiting Partners, a WorldBridge Partners Affiliate
Throughout Brad’s career, he has been fortunate to work across many industries and operations specializing in Procurement & Supply Chain. This wide range of experience gives him an in-depth view of the job market and the background and knowledge to strategically match prospective candidates to the right opportunity. Brad’s passion is to positively impact lives by connecting the most experienced and qualified candidates with the best opportunities and helping all of his clients reach their goals.
Prior to opening Impact Recruiting Partners, Brad acquired 13 years of in-role experiences and talent acquisition with companies in various industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and building products.
In his free time, Brad enjoys spending quality time with his wife and kids. He is a proud graduate and supporter of Missouri State University, and also spends his time volunteering in various way, including the MSU Alumni Association Board of Directors and supporting MSU Athletics, especially his daughter’s beloved Lady Bears Basketball team! Go Bears!