Product Design Engineer
1902 East Battlefield , Suite A Springfield, MO 65804 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our Client is a national leader in their product space, based here in Springfield, MO for over 50 YRS. With a long-standing reputation for high-quality equipment and excellent customer service, they built a culture on open book management transparency and in-house training for advancement.
Additionally, Springfield, the third largest city in the state of Missouri, is nestled in the lakes region of the beautiful Ozark mountains. The Springfield area offers a variety of recreational activities, hospitality, security, quality schools, and a favorable cost of living.
- Lead design personnel for engineering work on a specific product or project
- Analyze customer specifications, technology, and resource needs to assess the project feasibility
- Responsible setting design direction and plan for engineering work
- Confers with sales, marketing and production staff to discuss product specifications and design
- Manages the work schedule of the design efforts for a specific product or project
- Evaluate designs for manufacturability and economy of construction
- Reviews their own work and work of others for expected quality of Engineering documents
- Verifies all required design functions and outputs have been completed for the scope of the assigned work
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes
- Attends project, customer, production, supplier or other meetings as required
- Assists the sales effort with technical support in the quotation process
- Serves as the primary technical contact during the product manufacturing phase
- General understanding of the operation for common mechanical and chemical/fluid/thermal processing systems
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles and techniques
- Good understanding of engineering materials along with their uses, tolerances and limitations
- Knowledge of mechanical fabrication methods and installation procedures
- Strong analytical and computational skills
- Working proficiency with Auto-CAD software
- Understanding of drawings and specifications, contractual documents, and revision control
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Very good English oral & written communication skills
- Shows initiative to perform duties beyond assignment-specific duties
Education and Experience
- A four-year college degree in engineering or other technical field.
- 3+ years of mechanical or chemical process design experience.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Preventative Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Meet Your Recruiter
Co-Founder, Impact Recruiting Partners, a WorldBridge Partners Affiliate
Throughout Brad’s career, he has been fortunate to work across many industries and operations specializing in Procurement & Supply Chain. This wide range of experience gives him an in-depth view of the job market and the background and knowledge to strategically match prospective candidates to the right opportunity. Brad’s passion is to positively impact lives by connecting the most experienced and qualified candidates with the best opportunities and helping all of his clients reach their goals.
Prior to opening Impact Recruiting Partners, Brad acquired 13 years of in-role experiences and talent acquisition with companies in various industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and building products.
In his free time, Brad enjoys spending quality time with his wife and kids. He is a proud graduate and supporter of Missouri State University, and also spends his time volunteering in various way, including the MSU Alumni Association Board of Directors and supporting MSU Athletics, especially his daughter’s beloved Lady Bears Basketball team! Go Bears!