Maintenance Planner - Mechanical
Gulfport, MS 39501
Maintenance Planner - Mechanical
WorldBridge Partners, an Executive Recruitment firm, is currently working with a client in Mississippi that is seeking a Maintenance Planner - Mechanical for its Gulf Coast plant. This plant produces Steel Pipe for the Oil & Gas/Water Industries. The global parent company is worth over $13 Billion and has been investing heavily in this mill over the last few years. This plant is very busy these days with a full order book. Due to the increased business the plant needs to strengthen its Maintenance Organization by adding additional talent.
PURPOSE: To support plant operations by providing leadership for the mechanical planned maintenance team to make effective use of company Tubular resources.
SCOPE: Reports to Manager of Mechanical Maintenance. Directly supervise the plant mechanical planned maintenance team and contractor personnel. Is primarily responsible for leadership in execution of planned maintenance throughout the plant. 10 to 14 direct reports.
- Minimum 4 years industrial mechanical maintenance experience.
- Demonstrate above average capability within craft.
- BS Engineering degree preferred. Combination of 2-year technical degree plus 4 years’ experience may be considered.
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate ability to learn/understand the operation/maintenance aspects of machinery/systems.
- Demonstrate ability to read/interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Demonstrate ability to teach personnel.
- Good organizational/planning skills.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Above average listening, speaking and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and word processing/data manipulation software and user interface systems.
- Self-starter able to work with minimum direct supervision.
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS:
- Safety performance will continuously improve.
- Delay rates will continuously improve.
- Overall plant condition will continuously improve.
- PM compliance will reach 95%.
- Backlog of planned jobs will be current.
- Planned maintenance team will become highly autonomous and self-sufficient.
- 5S and Cell Ownership will become the norm.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
- Daily safety topic with your team.
- Primary job is to lead your team in performing planned maintenance jobs.
- Train your team.
- Perform daily PM and PdM inspections.
- Perform immediate repairs of abnormal conditions found during inspections, when conditions constitute a quick response repair.
- Report shift activity through maintenance work tracking system.
- Perform scheduled down-day and outage repairs.
- Be generally involved, by way of training, design familiarization, installation and commissioning, with all new equipment additions or modifications.
- Ensure your team understand and follow all corporate safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Continually improve personal knowledge of the plant.
Keywords: Steel, Pipe, Tube, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Breakdown, Engineering, Mechanical Maintenance, production, lean, continuous improvement, safety, planner, planning, maintenance planning, SAP, Microsoft Project, Excel, Microsoft Office,