Salem, MA 01970
The District Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the companies dispensaries, including maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures, compliance with state licensing requirements related to retail, and supervision of store management. The District Manager is responsible for maintaining Company brand standards in the retail environment and ensuring all dispensaries are providing the highest level of customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages overall operations of the company's dispensaries including ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, coaching and motivating the management team.
- Assists in managing dispensary recruiting process with assistance from Human Resources; creates orientation and training procedures with store managers.
- Manages performance of store managers, including providing growth and learning opportunities, assisting with conflict resolution, providing annual reviews, and issuing corrective action as needed
- Supervises Retail Managers and ensures policy and procedural information is communicated and followed uniformly throughout the stores.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of industry rules and regulations related to retail in order to uphold compliance standards.
- Performs data analytics to compare sales and inventory, i.e. pivot tables, to assess trends and project future needs; studies product sales patterns trends and communicates across departments to inform production schedules and inventory levels.
- Coordinates with store managers to create and maintain departmental budgets.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 5-8 years of management experience in a high-volume retail establishment required; prior experience in cannabis a strong plus
- Experience in high volume fast paced multi location retail experience
- Understanding of compliance regulations and laws of Cannabis operations
- Experience in high cash volume operation
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or hospitality preferred
- Fluency with Microsoft Office 365, especially Excel; knowledge of pivot tables and basic formulas required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate, inspire, train, and coach talent
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and proactive about identifying areas of growth and development for the betterment of the business
- Adaptable and open-minded when troubleshooting new procedures or implementation of new systems
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the benefits of medicinal cannabis use preferred
- Ability to function within cross-platform software environment
- Commitment to ensuring a secure facilities and making sure stores comply with established safety and security procedures