Breakdown Response Team Leader
Gulfport, MS 39501
Breakdown Response Team Leader
WorldBridge Partners, an Executive Recruitment firm, is currently working with a client in Mississippi that is seeking a Breakdown Response Team Leader for its Gulf Coast plant. This plant produces Steel Pipe for the Oil & Gas/Water Industries. This plant is very busy these days with a full order book. Due to the increased business the plant needs to strengthen its Maintenance Organization by adding additional talent.
PURPOSE: To support operations by providing troubleshooting and leadership expertise to make effective use of company resources.
SCOPE: Reports to Manager of Maintenance. Directly supervise plant breakdown response team and contractor personnel. Is primarily responsible for leadership in troubleshooting and execution of breakdown repairs throughout the plant. Also responsible for minimal routine equipment checks and routine repairs needed on shifts as preventative maintenance. 6-8 direct reports to this position.
- Minimum 4 years industrial electrical maintenance experience.
- Demonstrate above average capability within craft.
- BS Engineering degree preferred. Combination of 2-year technical degree plus 4 years’ experience may be considered.
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate ability to learn/understand the operation/maintenance aspects of machinery/systems.
- Demonstrate ability to read/interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Demonstrate ability to teach personnel.
- Good organizational/planning skills.
- NFPA70E safety training and experience.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Above average listening, speaking and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and word processing/data manipulation software and user interface systems.
- Self-starter able to work with minimum direct supervision.
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS:
- Safety performance will continuously improve.
- Delay rates will continuously improve.
- Breakdown response team will become expert troubleshooters.
- Overall plant condition will continuously improve.
- 5S and Cell Ownership will become the norm.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
- Daily safety topic with your team.
- Primary job is to lead your response team in troubleshooting and repairing plant machine failures safe and quick.
- Train your team.
- Perform minimal routine repairs and checks as needed.
- Perform immediate repairs of abnormal conditions found during inspections, when conditions constitute a quick response repair.
- Report shift activity through maintenance work tracking system.
- Assist with scheduled down-day and outage repairs.
- Be generally involved, by way of training, design familiarization, installation and commissioning, with all new equipment additions or modifications.
- Ensure your team understand and follow all corporate safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Continually improve personal knowledge of the plant.
- Ensure compliance with corporate safety and environmental policies.
Keywords: Steel, Pipe, Tube, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Breakdown, Engineering, Electrical, Electrical Maintenance, production, lean, continuous improvement, safety,