2nd Shift CNC Machinist
2nd Shift CNC Machinist – Direct Hire
Harwood Heights | $20 - $25/hr. + Benefits
Our client is looking for a motivated CNC Machinist to join their 2nd shift team in Harwood Heights. In this position, you will manufacture parts within a cell, utilizing multiple machines to exacting blueprint dimensions and ensuring 100% part quality. You will perform simple set-ups on both manual and CNC turning / milling machining centers as well as editing CNC programs as necessary to improve the machining process and extend tool life while meeting production rates. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organization.
What will you be doing as a CNC Machinist?
- Perform simple or repeat set-ups and operates equipment to produce high quality parts (100% good pieces) within prescribed routed time to meet production demands. If standard production rates cannot be met, the operator must notify his supervisor.
- Follow documented set-up sheets according to established procedures.
- Knowledgeable in basic GD&T and its application relative to part manufacture and inspection.
- Read and understand drawings to effectively manufacture parts to close tolerances.
- Maintain equipment via established preventative maintenance schedules.
- Perform 1st piece inspections and monitors own work to meet process requirements including fully documenting inspections reports developed by the Quality department.
- Verify that the inspection equipment being utilized is in calibration and performs a simple daily check against a known master to ensure the accuracy of the gauge to be used.
- Knowledgeable with tool / insert selection and utilizing the correct feeds and speeds for the materials being machined.
- Follow supervisor's direction to troubleshoot problem processes, interfacing with Manufacturing Engineers if necessary.
- Help train new individuals in basic CNC operations.
- Answer questions for those less experienced individuals within the department and helps in their training and development under the direction of departmental supervisor.
- Two to three years CNC Milling / Turning experience in a job shop environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to work second shift (4:30pm - 1:00am).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings and routings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to record process notes and document continuous improvement ideas. Must be able to clearly communicate with co-workers and supervisor verbally.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve inspection problems drawing from ones experience and develop new approaches. Must be able to correctly interpret GD&T on drawings and apply them to the manufacture and inspection of parts produced.
- Must be able to read a micrometer, drop indicator and vernier caliper. Should be able to utilize the optical comparator and profilometer. Complete 1st piece inspection reports as required per routing.
Contact Andrew at email@example.com or 847-550-1300 ext 43