Systems Executive Director of Admissions (SEDA)
Orchard Park, NY 14127
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in collaboration with marketing leadership, the Systems Executive Director of Admissions (SEDA) is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of new and former students. The incumbent will have extensive experience in online education admissions and preferably online education operations at a college with multiple building-based campuses.
The Director is part of the Senior Enrollment Management team, providing strong leadership and problem solving skills to the school. The SEDA provides metric analysis and support to address issues commonly found in a large (over 10,000 students), complex, multi-campus/online educational institution.
Ideal candidate should be dynamic, highly analytical, inquisitive, motivated, yet systems-thinker with the ability to drill down to the details. Candidate must have exceptional work ethic, a strong executive presence, and excellent time management skills. We are seeking a self-starter with a well-developed aptitude capable of working with minimal oversight to set priorities, solve problems or meet senior leadership’s needs. He/she will obtain thorough knowledge of Bryant and Stratton’s systems and reports and be able to use the reports to produce in-depth analysis of programs, services and service areas.
Candidate must have a deep understanding of an institution’s Enrollment Management system to include; cutting edge skills with admissions systems including software preparation and presentation and outcomes; strong familiarity with contemporary interactive media methods; the ability to use historical and current results to development enrollment budgets and analyze actual performance to budget. Candidate should have the ability to synthesize complex issues into presentation to senior management and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Individual must be highly organized and strongly familiar with current online/blended learning solutions to higher education.
Perhaps most importantly the candidate must be strong at building and maintaining relationships, particularly internal relationships.
- Responsible for achievement of and operationalization of the Strategic Plan Objectives, Initiatives, and Action Items.
- By leading by example, influencing, demonstrating, and coaching others responsible for the attainment of annual enrollment goals.
- Through market research, evaluating industry trends, staying current within the profession, and analyzing College data, acts as the primary source of knowledge for the creation and updating of policies, procedures, optimal processes, controls, and reporting mechanism to ensure the achievement of admissions goals.
- Provide counsel and support to Market Directors, Campus Directors, and Directors of Admissions.
- Create the communication strategy of the brand message at the points of recruitment and enrollment.
- Strive for continuous process improvement to improve effectiveness and efficiency primarily through uses of technology.
- Provide input into and support the development and execution of annual goals.
- Create mechanisms and controls to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and accrediting agencies regulations.
- Create training programs relative to policy, procedures, processes, competency, and behaviors.
- Monitor mechanisms and controls relative to operational metrics.
- Address operational metrics that are below acceptable levels:
- Make recommendations to COO, Market Directors, and Campus Directors, and Directors of Admssions to improve performance;
- Make recommendations to COO, Market Directors, Campus Directors, and Directors of Admissions relative to associate performance. Assist in the development of advisement, coaching, and improvement plans relative to competencies and behaviors that are necessary to achieve operational metrics;
- Maintain subsequent communications to advise and coach Market Directors, Campus Directors, and Directors of Admissions relative to associates who have been through learning programs relative to competencies and behaviors that are necessary to improve and achieve operational metrics.
- Have 5 – 10 years’ experience managing admissions groups in both centralized and decentralized environments.
- Must have extensive experience with online admissions centers and ideally online operations.
- Must have extensive experience relative to the relationship between interactive media and enrollment management in both online and building-based environments.
- Come from an institution with a strong admissions culture so that he/she has an understanding of “what success looks like”
- Be a hands on leader who “walks the admissions floor” and can provide real-time training and coaching
- Demonstrate an ability to design and build processes, systems and training necessary to create a world-class admissions group
- Demonstrate a clear record of performance and a track record of consistency meeting aggressive growth goals and delivering YOY growth
- Be metrics-driven and performance oriented in order to drive continuous improvements in contact rates, applications, new enrollments and starts
- Be facile with spreadsheets and capable of developing metrics, reports and goals to track, manage and improve results
- Have the ability to directly and/or indirectly manage 200+ admissions associates (both managers and representatives) over the next several years
- Be conversant in marketing and engage in problem solving with Bryant and Stratton’s VP of Marketing; have the ability to interact with the retention, marketing and financial aid teams to ensure coordination
- Having knowledge of and familiarity with CRM and LMS technology
- Be familiar with state-of-the-art admissions practices and able to implement them at Bryant and Stratton
- Demonstrate a high level of energy and ability to motive, inspire and build a team
- Be able to build a culture of accountability
Bryant and Stratton has retained the services of WorldBridge Partners to conduct this search. For consideration, please forward your resume to John Assunto, Managing Partner – Education Division: firstname.lastname@example.org