Shift Supervisor (1st shift)
Flexible Packaging Materials
Seeking an experienced Production Manager in the
Northern Chicago, IL/Southern Wisconsin area
Our client is an award winning, printer and converter of flexible packaging materials used in packaging food and beverage products. They specialize in manufacturing heat seal die cut, roll stock and daisy chain lidding products. Their impressive growth over the last 40+ years is a result from their organizational structure and strong company core values combined with their innovativeness that keeps their customers and employees loyal!
In this role, under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Shift Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring, supporting, and directing the work to be performed during the shift, assisting the Production Coordinator/Manager with scheduling work assignments, assistance with employee selection, performance employee reviews, and administration of work rules. The main focus will be the safety, quality management, and productivity in accordance with the procedures and policies in place
Why should you work here?
- Innovative Packaging and relationship company, looking to grow its current business, expand to new product lines, and create lasting unique relationship with all stakeholders.
- Strong, growing 3rd generation family business, founded with the mindset that people’s voices will be heard!
- An entrepreneurial environment, that promotes both autonomy and creative thinking!
- Community focused company committed to both the internal and external growth of its employees and region.
- Strong cohesive & loyal team environment with impressive employee tenure
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
What are your skills you can successfully leverage?
- 4+ years of production or related experience.
- Proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism, and team attitude.
- Ability to lead & influence a diverse team and provide “coaching in the moment”.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other programs as defined by the company.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in different situations.
- Ability to interpret, manage, and train others on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- 2 or 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting career opportunity, then waste no time by inquiring today! Call Jeanine Ellison at 847-550-1300 X 44 or submit your resume to: email@example.com