WorldBridge Partners has teamed up to help a unique company in Ohio with their search for a new Shift Supervisor. Our client supplies a high-quality range of products and services for the metals, manufacturing, refinery and petrochemical industries. Throughout its history, our client’s predecessor companies have advanced metallurgical-based technologies to provide innovative solutions for industrial challenges. That tradition continues today at this site.
The primary responsibility of the Shift Supervisor will be to manage the night and weekend shifts and direct the employees to ensure all targets and deadlines are met. This position will plan and assign work based upon operational requirements.
- Full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of Roaster, Yard, and Maintenance staff as it relates to production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the companies Health and Safety policy
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, general issues during the shift; as well as the effective and efficient handover between shifts
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- High School Diploma is required, Associate degree a plus
- 3-5 years proven manufacturing supervision experience required, heavy industrial and/or maintenance experience preferred
- Must be able to work off shifts (evenings and weekends) as well as 12 hours shift.
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel required
- Strong proven problem-solving abilities
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and follow through skills required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Relationship building skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: manufacturing, supervision, steel, aluminum, nickel, production, leadership, communication, management, mill