Canton, OH 44701
Electrical Reliability Engineer / Supervisor
WorldBridge Partners currently is working with an Ohio Steel company that is immediate need of an Electrical Reliability Engineer/Supervisor. That company is a market leader in its segment and the culture of the company has transitioned past the “Old School”, iron fist way of thinking/doing things that some companies still employ. They are looking for an innovative leader with modern ideas as it pertains to Electrical Reliability and High Voltage power systems. Executive leadership is very hands on with Managers/Engineers/Supervisors. If you are interested in a forward-thinking steel company, please read on.
This position is responsible for guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems. Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This broad primary role includes loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management
The job description below is an abbreviated version that just highlights key points. A full description will be provided to qualified individuals.
- Works with Maintenance team, both Salary and hourly, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of current equipment.
- Provides leadership and technical assistance and guidance to both salary turn foreman and hourly technicians.
- Works with team to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the reliability engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical process control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Failure Effect Mode analysis
- Lean Manufacturing tools and principals
- Six Sigma
- Root Cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Schedules, plans and daily electrical systems maintenance activities. Assures continuous operations.
- Supervises staff: trains, schedules and assigns employees, including approving vacation and managing time off; monitors performance and administers discipline.
- Performs scheduled repairs; plans for outages; responds to unscheduled repair requests.
- Schedules preventative maintenance work; secures required materials and assures provision of sufficient manpower.
- Implements safety policies and procedures; makes safety contacts and maintains safety records. Writes job safety analysis (JSA), revises and communicates findings.
- Assures provision of required parts; identifies and selects vendors, obtains quotes and makes recommendations to Purchasing. Runs vendor trials, if required.
- Researches pricing and coordinates scheduling of outside contractors and employees on special projects.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical engineering and 3 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of heavy industry electrical systems to include voltages to 138kV. EAF and LMF Furnace Transformers, Switch Gear and Power Transformers, High Voltage Power Transmissions, Control Systems and Arc Flash regulations.
- Advanced computer skills, with emphasis on condition monitoring software Minimum of 5 years (in addition to above) maintenance and reliability, production management, engineering or operations experience
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments, contractors, suppliers inspectors and customers
- Strong mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance programs and the tools associated with failure detection (i.e. vibration analysis, oil monitoring, thermography) as well as the software associated with the predictive tools. Demonstrated problem-solving, decision making, organization and analytical skills.
Keywords: steel, steel mill, rolling mill, melting, casting, EAF, LMF, 138kV, high voltage, switch gear, power transmission, control systems, Arc Flash, maintenance, reliability,