Our client is a direct marketing company whose foundation was built of innovation and technology. They offer commercial digital printing and direct mail that offers first class direct mail management services and high quality for less cost. They are a full service direct mail fulfillment and full service direct mail company for businesses large and small. As a result of rapid growth, they are seeking a Programmer to join their team.
What you will do:
- Utilize data processing instructions provided by Customer Service Department to program jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Program laser printers, inkjet printers, handwriting machines and other similar equipment to personalize client mailings.
- Use postal software (Accuzip, Satori and others) to prepare client data files for mailing.
- Manipulate client files as requested. May be asked to calculate ask amounts for non-profit clients, credit limits for financial services or many other types of calculations using database software.
- Provide signoffs prior to releasing jobs to production. Signoffs should be selected to demonstrate the programming is bug free and complete.
- Generate mail.dat files for mailing department to use when presenting mail to the United States Post Office.
- Will work with multiple mail tracking platforms such as Snailworks, Grayhair and TrackMyMail.
- Work with digital presses to print four color variable pieces per client requirements.
- Stays apprised of all pertinent changes in postal rules, rates and regulations. Continues to enhance knowledge of all aspects of the industry.
- Represent Data Processing Department at daily production meeting.
- Experience working Printsoft Pre, Accuzip and Satori software is preferred
- Familiarity with underlying concepts (ex: postal sorting, drop shipping of direct mail production) is essential
- Experience with dBase / Foxpro is helpful
- Must be proficient working with Excel