Baton Rouge, LA
Production Supervisor / Operations Supervisor
Must have experience supervising personnel in a Steel Mill, Pipe Mill, Tube Mill or other High Speed, Heavy Manufacturing Environment.
Prefer individuals that also have Maintenance Background and/or Aptitude
The Operations Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating plant machinery and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs workers engaged in operating plant machinery and equipment on a rotating shift basis.
- Contributes to and assists in the implementation of new methods for continuous improvement and cost reductions (i.e. suggestions for making jobs easier, safer, and faster, ensuring equipment is turned off after use, total utilization of resources)
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Studies production schedules and eliminates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Prioritizes work needs to accommodate production needs.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase work efficiency.
- Administers company policies and enforces safety regulations
- Evaluates employee work performance and administers corrective action and/or discipline as necessary.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in resolving work problems.
- Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains payroll time records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate departmental activities.
- Trains and coordinates instruction of maintenance workers as needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: B.S. degree in industrial-related field, an industrial based associates degree, or a craft journeyman-level certificate and 5 years manufacturing experience. Any maintenance-related education/training recognition is desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good measurement and calculation skills
- Strong mechanical/electrical/hydraulic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and over equipment to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair machines and structures. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment Includes both general office work and physical work required to assist in troubleshooting equipment. Shifts are scheduled on a weekly rotation between days and nights. Includes general office work, as well as manufacturing, storage, and shipping areas. The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.