Print Production Manager, Chicagoland Area
Our client, an award winning, design savvy premium packaging and custom print company is one of the largest manufacturers of folding cartons, specialty packaging, point of sale and high impact direct mail solutions. Their rapid & impressive growth over the last 50+ years is a result from their organizational structure and strong company core values combined with their innovative & unique creativity that keeps their customers and employees loyal!
In this leadership role, you will utilize your passion and expertise to lead, direct and manage Project Managers. You will interact and collaborate with the Director of Plant Production, Director of Client Service and Estimating Manager. Key responsibilities include meeting or exceeding the company’s expectations, quality, efficiency, job cost and profitability on a job and department wide basis. The ultimate goal is to keep clients engaged and satisfied. This paired with working in a state-of-the-art facility with new technologically advanced equipment (and a team that loves to come to work every day) makes this the dream opportunity that you have been waiting for!
- Formulates and recommends production policies which guide the company in maintaining expectations of project management and collaborates with customer service, estimating and design.
- Manages all facets of the production budget to meet set goals.
- Establishes and maintains standard operating procedures for production.
- Provides technical expertise to customers, sales personnel, supervisors, and others as required.
- Approves and provides guidance in the selection of new vendors.
- Resolves production problems as required, document as needed.
- Communicates with all departments as needed concerning schedule related information or problems.
- Assists in adjusting project management workload through account assignment changes to level out volume.
- Works with plant management, sales and customer service to provide tentative schedules for customer review.
- Appraises performance of subordinates against position responsibilities and established goals, plans and standards.
- Revises and update production practices, techniques, data and procedures that will contribute to attaining company profit, customer and marketing goals and objectives
- 10+ years’ experience within the print or packaging industry.
- 5+ years of leadership skills preferably managing Project Managers.
- Good understanding of graphics principles, & good working knowledge of the entire project management process.
- Expertise in print technologies and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts Management or other related business field environment
Competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and 401K, etc.
The time is NOW to join this advanced marketing & branding company while accelerating your career!