Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Steel Mill)
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Our client has a global presence in the Steel Industry and there currently is a need for an Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for the Primary End of it’s Alabama facility. The company is financially healthy, employees a talented workforce, and will allow one’s career to flourish if they are chosen to join this team.
The brief description below is but a snapshot of the responsibilities for this position. A more detailed description is available to qualified/interested individuals. If you are an experienced Electrical Maintenance Professional in the Steel Industry and looking for a strong group to join, then consider sending us your resume.
Manage the maintenance of all Primary End mechanical equipment, projects, and maintenance personnel to keep equipment operating in a safe manner while eliminating downtime to maintain high utilization and throughput of product in a cost effective manner. Train and mentor team members, regularly evaluating the teams skill level versus departmental technology.
- Continuous planning and organizing of outages, including ordering and maintaining adequate spares parts and equipment.
- Interacting with vendors and service companies to provide on time and cost effective maintenance service during outages.
- Schedule all outside contractor personnel to efficiently maintain the Primary End department buildings, equipment and associated systems as needed.
- Work closely with operations department personnel to reduce downtime and improve equipment utilization, utilizing reliability centered maintenance techniques.
- Assure outside contractor employees adhere to company and OSHA standards in safety.
- Enforce company practices and policies with outside contractors as well as departmental personnel.
- Work closely with the Primary End Maintenance Manager to manage the department maintenance budget
- Work closely with the Primary End Maintenance Manager to develop and manage the department capital plan
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Interface with the workforce regarding safety, costs, productivity and scheduling.
- Responsible for insuring completion of jobs as well as assigning tasks to the Mechanical Maintenance Team.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will report directly to the Primary End Maintenance Manager. Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer will be:
- Primary End Dayshift Maintenance Team Leader (1)
- Primary End Dayshift mechanical Team Members (5)
- Primary End mechanical Shift Team Members (8)
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS, BSME, AS in industrial maintenance field or a minimum of 15 years experience in maintenance
- Minimum five years of heavy industrial maintenance experience (including hydraulic circuits/devices).
- Minimum five years experience in troubleshooting and maintaining industry equipment such as cranes, gearboxes, pumps etc.
- Experience scheduling/managing people
- Experience developing an outage schedule
- A high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Mid to high-level computer skills.
- Good working knowledge of industrial Instrumentation. Calibration of Instrumentation, such as Flow Meters, Position Transducers(LVDT), Pressure Transducers, Accelerometers, RTD’s, and Thermocouples.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience managing multi day maintenance outages
- Experience managing the installation of new equipment
- Previous management experience with in the field of industrial maintenance
- Experience in managing employees using a “Team” concept.
- Experience developing Lockout Tagouts
- Experience commissioning new equipment
- Experience in electric arc furnaces
- Experience in continuous casters
- Experience in supervising pipefitters, welders and riggers
- ISA certified