IT Support Desk Specialist
IT Support Desk Specialist
WorldBridge Partners, an Executive Search Firm, is currently working with a Toledo, Ohio company that produces Steel Tubing. Our client is seeking a goal-oriented individual that is a fast learner and who is motivated to grow their career.
The Service Desk Specialist is responsible for handling support requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Microsoft Office 365, Email Migrations & Sharepoint a must
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Previous experience with STRATIX software system that is widely used in the steel industry is beneficial.
This company was recently sold to new Owners who also are in the Steel Tube business. As the transition/merger of the two companies takes place over time eventually employees at this location participate in the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP). Right now the target date is 2021, but that is subject to change.