Executive Director - Charter School
New York, NY
Executive Director, La Cima Elementary Charter School
Opportunity to join an Inspiring, forward thinking community oriented Charter School that is presently seeking a highly-motivated, strategic, and innovative Executive Director who will lead the implementation of the institutions mission, ensure students meet or exceed academic goals, and support the future growth of the organization.
ABOUT LA CIMA:
La Cima Charter School is an independent and non-traditional charter school that has been serving the Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn community since 2008. Our mission is to prepare students for academic and life-long success through a rigorous and relevant academic program. Equally important, and what makes us unique, is our vision to develop scholars who have the intellectual capacity, emotional strength of character, and the social capital to act as effective change-makers in their communities. We believe that all students, regardless of socio-economic status, race/ethnicity, culture or special needs status can succeed in our school community. We practice restorative justice, espouse culturally-responsive methodologies and strive to provide content which give schooling a deeper, more meaningful, relevant place in student lives.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director serves as the organizational leader. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and maintaining a cohesive senior leadership team, including the principal, pre-K director, chief operating officer, director of data and assessment and director of scholar support, implementing systems of accountability and ensuring the success of the team collectively.
- In partnership with the Board and the Senior Leadership Team, implementing the organization’s five-year strategic plan, and setting and holding the entire team accountable for its strategic goals and mission-alignment.
- Developing internal talent and continuing to recruit and retain strong performers invested in the school’s mission and vision.
- Overseeing a high-performing academic team, led by the principal and instructional leadership team, to ensure that students meet academic goals and achieve transformational educational outcomes.
- Working with the pre-K director and other key staff and stakeholders to build a high-performing, mission-aligned pre-K that further strengthens the organization
- Working with school leaders to actively maintain and refine a strong, cohesive school culture that reflects La Cima’s mission and promotes collaborative decision-making processes.
- Cultivating relationships with, and ensuring the school is responsive to, key stakeholders, including parents, community and political leaders, charter authorizers, and donors, to promote communication and collaboration and raise the organization’s profile within the community.
- Implementing, in collaboration with the Board, La Cima’s development plan to secure private revenue for the school through individual donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Serving as an ambassador in the community for La Cima’s mission and brand.
- Administering strong public transparency systems and ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the school by achieving annual enrollment targets, meeting financial obligations, ensuring a strong financial position, and complying with all legal, regulatory and charter requirements.
- Acting in partnership with the Board to ensure compliance with La Cima’s charter and its organizational goals, reporting to the Board regarding performance against key indicators, and coordinating with the board to make high-level strategic decisions on behalf of the organization.
For more information about La Cima Elementary Charter School, please visit http://www.lacimacharterschool.org/.
This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious leader with a commitment to social justice to shape La Cima’s role in the Bedford-Stuyvesant community, drive high levels of academic achievement and student success, and guide the mission-aligned growth of the school. The ideal candidate will have the following skills, traits and beliefs:
- Passion for La Cima’s mission and a deep personal belief that all students can succeed regardless of home language, culture, or special needs status.
- Exceptional communication, leadership, trust- and team-building and interpersonal skills, with a genuine interest in the growth and development of staff, teachers and students.
- Ability to build and lead a diverse and effective team, set an inspiring vision, and motivate others to reach ambitious goals in support of that vision.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance competing initiatives and priorities.
- Collaborative, with the ability to provide thoughtful and respectful feedback, and to listen thoughtfully and respectfully to others’ feedback.
- Robust data-driven analysis skills to drive student achievement and organizational effectiveness.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters’ degree in Education or Public Administration preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in senior leadership/managerial, education or relevant roles.
- Experience working with a high-functioning board of trustees, representing various fields and backgrounds.
- Experience securing diverse streams of revenue, including foundation and individual contributions.
- A proven track record of success in building and managing a complex organization or enterprise (e.g., a high-performing school or network of schools, a successful non-profit or for-profit organization).
- Experience working with community stakeholders, and in particular, working with students, educators, and staff to achieve exceptional results.
We currently serve 400 scholars in grades K-5 with plans to open a pre-K for the 2018-19 school year.
Worldbridge Partners will be facilitating this search. For consideration, please forward a resume to email@example.com