Outstanding Client in N. Central Indiana looking for an Electrical Engineer with Primary Metals (Steel/Aluminum) experience
Resource for the maintenance of all Primary End electrical equipment, projects, and electrical maintenance personnel to keep equipment operating in a safe manner while eliminating downtime to maintain high utilization and throughput of product in a cost effective manner. Part of electrical maintenance organization, regularly evaluating departmental technology.
Must have strong background with Drives, PLC's (A/B and Siemens) and High Voltage in a Heavy, High-Speed Manufacturing Environment with a strong preference for Steel Mill or Aluminum Mill experience
- Continuous resource for planning and organizing of outages, including ordering and maintaining adequate spares parts and equipment.
- Interacting with vendors and service companies to provide on time and cost effective maintenance service during outages.
- Schedule all outside contractor personnel to efficiently maintain the Primary End department buildings, equipment and computer systems as needed.
- Work closely with operations department personnel to reduce downtime and improve equipment utilization
- Assure outside contractor employees adhere to company and OSHA standards in safety.
- Enforce company practices and policies with outside contractors as well as departmental personnel.
- Work closely with the Primary End Maintenance Manager to manage the department maintenance budget
- Work closely with the Primary End Maintenance Manager to develop and manage the department capital plan
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Interface with the workforce regarding safety, costs, productivity and scheduling.
- Responsible for insuring completion of jobs as well as assigning tasks to the Electrical Maintenance Team.
- Work to develop and make revisions to lockout procedures
- Work to develop and make revisions to preventative maintenance procedures
- Work with maintenance team to develop safe job procedures
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel and departments to maintain buildings and equipment at a level that insures the safety of the work force and attainment of production goals.
- Coordinate with operations and maintenance personnel to assure that required planned maintenance occurs during scheduled down days and outages.
- Drive new projects through to completion
- Order and maintain adequate spares parts and equipment to avoid extended downtime
- Responsible to make sure that drives, Level I and Level II back-ups are taken on a regular basis and stored in a safe place.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS, BSEE, AS in electrical field or a minimum of 15 years experience in electrical maintenance
Minimum five years of heavy industrial electrical maintenance experience (including AC/DC circuits/devices).
Minimum five years experience in troubleshooting and maintaining industry equipment such as motors, drives, etc.
Experience in troubleshooting Communication networks such as Profibus, Ethernet, AB “blue hose”, RS Link, etc.
Experience scheduling/managing people
Experience developing an outage schedule
A high level of written and oral communication skills.
Mid to high-level computer skills.
Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC programming/maintenance.
Good working knowledge of industrial Instrumentation. Calibration of Instrumentation, such as Flow Meters, Position Transducers(LVDT), Pressure Transducers, Accelerometers, RTD’s, and Thermocouples.
Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Experience managing multi-day maintenance outages
Experience managing the installation of new equipment
Previous management experience with in the field of industrial maintenance
Experience in managing employees using a “Team” concept.
Experience developing Lockout Tagouts
Experience commissioning new equipment
Maximo maintenance program experience.
Experience commissioning equipment