Director of Financial Planning - Radiology
New York, NY 10032
Our client, the Columbia University Irving Medical Center, is searching for a Director of Financial Planning - Radiology who will report to the Departmental Administrator/CFO and work closely with the Administrative Director of Finance, in order to provide analytical, financial and strategic support to the Department of Radiology and Joint Venture with partner hospital.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Develop business plans to support justification of new business opportunities, new faculty recruitments and potential acquisition of new practices. Prepare all business plans for existing joint venture with CUMC and NYPH and justify expansion of programs with analytics and financial summaries. Manage joint venture financial reporting in collaboration with CUIMC Controller's Office, FPO and NYPH finance teams.
- Manage NYP Joint Budget process including developing financial summaries to justify requests; provide ongoing reconciliation at line item level; record funding changes on a monthly basis. Track all funding arrangements; collaborate with NYP managers as needed to track and analyze financial reports.
- Create reports that enable the department to analyze practice revenue, volume trends, physician referrals, and productivity. Implement analytical standards to consistently and efficiently measure performance. Identify key results and trends and present information to stakeholders, as needed.
- Conduct analysis of financial transactions between department and affiliated institutions. Review services agreements and ensure that expenses are allocated appropriately.
- Utilize RVU and other volume measurements to develop trends analyses. Identify areas of needed improvements and make recommendations. Serve as liaison to clinical faculty in support of productivity-driven environment.
- Prepare financial analysis and budget variance reports, and model various projections as needed.
- Work closely with Administrative Director of Finance in developing components of departmental budget and monthly variance reports.
- Supervise Financial Analysts who manage monthly reconciliations, budget reporting, payroll reconciliations and clinical volume reporting. Participate with senior administrative team to present these findings and projections.
- Provide direction to Financial Analysts and Billing and Revenue Cycle Manager as it relates to revenue cycle reports and projects.
- Fulfill liaison role with CUIMC departments. Serve as departmental liaison in key relationships including joint venture financial activities, new business developments, and joint budget meetings.
- Lead special projects with high complexity and high visibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus seven (7) years of progressive related experience in a health care environment. Master's degree is preferred as well as courses in accounting.
- Excellent oral/written communication, professional, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Highly proficient computer skills, with emphasis on Excel, required to create and maintain complex financial models that employ a large number of variables and various computer models; understanding of fund accounting and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems.
- Knowledge of medical billing and revenue cycle.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment, take initiative, solve problems, lead projects, and perform multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables including Look Ups, etc.), and University systems (ARC, IDX, COGNOS, & EPIC) are highly desirable. Prior experience is essential.
All qualified candidates may submit materials to John Assunto - firstname.lastname@example.org