Fishers NY Fishers, WI 14453
Opportunity to join a very special company whose mission is
“to make a difference in people’s lives”
The Company: Is a privately held, highly strategic manufacturer of industrial lift equipment serving a broad range of industries and applications. The company is profitable (always has been), very well managed and has no debt. They have nearly 40 years of history and a marketing presence in the US, Mexico, China, Germany, Turkey, Korea, Australia and Canada. They have manufacturing facilities in New York, Alabama and China. They sell products through a network of 500 dedicated US dealers and direct to customers outside of the US. They enjoy a commanding share of the US overhead crane market in the non-automotive manufacturing sector. Their design process is highly automated using an online configurator and standard components to custom design units to fit customer space and application specifications….kind of like building with Lego’s.
The company’s business practices are extremely customer focused. Mission, vision, values are all about the customer experience, including dealers and end users. Make a commitment, keep the commitment….period. In fact, one of the company’s core values is to “Create Extraordinary Customer Experiences”. As is always the case, the company’s culture starts at the top. The owner and senior leaders espouse a philosophy that “making a dollar is one thing, making a difference in people’s lives is all together another”. Their strategy focuses on industrial equipment that makes work easier, prevents injuries and helps keep people safe. This is a serious commitment and stems from the company’s “We Improve People’s Lives” mission statement.
Culturally, this is a company where employees get along, support each other and often socialize together. The work environment is one people enjoy coming to. Having fun while doing business is very ok. While robust conversation and debate on planning and problem solving is encouraged, personal affronts are not. The interpersonal culture is one of civility, trust and respect. One of the company’s three core values is “Positive People in a Positive Environment” and the talk is walked. The office environment is open and collaborative….open meeting spaces, work walls you can write on, mobile furniture that can be easily configured to meet the need and a lot of positive interaction. The company sponsors a Halloween party for employee’s children; organizes breakfast with Santa; provides discounts and sponsors leagues at a local golf course and organizes periodic summer barbecues. People are valued and appreciated as people as well as employees. This is a company that supports community non-profit organizations, partners with schools and funds community projects that make it a better place for employees and their families.
The Opportunity: As a Cost Accountant for our client, you will report to the Controller and be responsible for the ongoing analysis of inventory, costs associated with production, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The organization will look to you for implementation of cost-effective data accumulation systems and development of a meaningful and comprehensive reporting package. These tools will allow you to provide current and accurate information to management that will assist in making solid business decisions related to production, inventory management and product pricing.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Analyzing order margins to identify root cause of unanticipated results
- Preparation of monthly raw material reports and analysis
- Analyzing labor and material variances
- Review of non-stock inventory balances monthly and make necessary adjustments
- Review of cycle count results and investigation of variances
- Auditing inventory balances and variances
- Preparing monthly product line detail reports for management review
- Calculating burden rates for the annual budgeting process
- Preparing monthly Class “A” budget metrics and analyzing results
- Participating in monthly Sales and Operating Plan (S&OP) meetings
- Tracking revenue and gross margin per unit
- Supporting Manufacturing/Materials with make vs. buy calculations
- Tracking labor and material costs
- Becoming the ERP “Super User” for the company
- Help the organization identify and implement business process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Three or more years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong internal auditing skills
- Experience working with ERP systems