Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the President, the CFO will set financial policy and direction
while also being an active participant in the company’s overall strategy, development and execution of
its business plans. The CFO will lead all financial administration, business planning and budgeting
areas. The position is also responsible for direction and management of the company’s treasury
activities and fixed asset management.
- Develops and establishes best practices policies and procedures consistent with the mission of the Institution.
- Preparation and oversight of budgets which will be used to monitor the progress and present operational metrics.
- Manage cash-flow and projected cash flows.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting packages and presents them to management.
- Monitors compliance with various government agencies.
- Manages financial reporting, purchasing, accounts receivable, cash management and payroll departments.
- Manages and prepares for the year-end financial and compliance audits, with our various audit firms.
- Oversees business insurance plans and health care coverage.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University.
- Ten or more years of experience in a financial leadership role. Senior management experience with day to day financial operations.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and rules governing for–profit higher education institutions is preferred. Specifically, experience with federal and state financial aid programs, is preferred.
- Knowledge of organizational development, human resources and program operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form