Baton Rouge, LA
Must have strong Siemens PLC, HMI, Drives experience
Outstanding client in Louisiana is currently looking for a strong Automation Engineer. This is a heavy, high-speed manufacturing environment.
the Automation Engineeer engages in Automation & Control System design, specification , programming, simulation, testing, documentation and operational assistance.
Each engineer performs these functions both as the manager of assigned Automation projects, and as an on-shift maintenance resource for operational departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Rapidly acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different Automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems)
- Implement code changes subject to a change control protocol.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other departments on Automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance, including those addressing Safety and all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Work enthusiastically and with both technical competence and outstanding teamwork to deliver Automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate detailed, comprehensive and clearly understandable documentation associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of Automation projects within budgetary and corporate guidelines.
- Maintain an entrepreneurial approach in all aspects of the job. Identify sub-optimal practices and processes and suggest solutions for improvement. Identify opportunities and champion efforts to improve financial performance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Maintain and enforce compliance with all company policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or an equivalent discipline is required.
- Significant experience with Siemens 7 PLCs, Step 7 PLC, Control Logic or Allen Bradley PLCs software tools, Siemens HMI using WinCC software is preferred; strong experience with at least one major Automation software package is required.
- AC and DC drives training or experience. 5+ years of Automation experience in a heavy industrial setting is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency with programmable logic controllers, electrical panel layout and design, working with bills of material, understanding electrical schematics and reading & re-lining P&ID drawings is required.
- Ethernet, Controlnet, and Devicenet), and various input and output devices. Experience in Contrologix and/or Simatic PLCs preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strength of character and personal adaptability to include a positive work ethic highlighted by commitment, trust and integrity along with an ability to engage effectively in constructive conflict.
- Personal capability to include strong critical thinking, decision quality, initiative and a well-developed sense of urgency.
- Additional cognitive skills and ability to include innovation, learning, knowledge application, handling detail, productivity orientation and time management.
- Intense focus on results characterized by strong goal orientation, planning and resource management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication and teamwork.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with principles of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and to climb onto various pieces of equipment to inspect, troubleshoot, and supervise repair and operation of machines and structures. Must be able to move about facility and spend time in mill environment.