Vice President of Sales
New England territory, (none selected)
Director of Operations
Does your career demonstrate strong leadership success managing teams of Account Managers who are tasked with expanding and maintaining customer relationships and meeting revenue and margin goals? Do you have the ability to not only provide sales expertise but have an eye for operational processes? Are you motivated to building a solid sales infrastructure that will influence sales wins with a consultative approach that focuses on educating the client on cost savings and effectiveness?
Over the last 5 years, our client has assisted its customers in saving over 50 million dollars in marketing supply chain costs. Utilizing their own unique methodologies, they have consistently reduced their clients’ marketing costs, improved operational efficiencies, and delivered improvement on customers’ ROI.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
This influential position will be charged with leading an account team of approximately 20 direct and indirect reports with a portfolio of $35-45M in sales. The successful candidate will provide effective and energetic leadership to the account team to drive sales, maintain and increase profit, margin and customer satisfaction. Additional responsibilities include:
- Set sales plans, budgets, objectives, strategies and initiatives to fulfill the growth and revenue goals of the business unit, and ensure the maximum sales volume and maximum direct margin contribution.
- Recruit, develop, coach and retain staff to effectively support key customer relationships.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction to Account Mangers in maintaining and expanding customer relationships and meeting revenue and margin goals within the business unit.
- Proactively identify and address operational issues that negatively affect business performance
- Assist the VP of Sales and Operations in developing business strategy and key business initiatives.
- 10 years sales/sales management experience preferably in the supply chain management industry within the industrial, packaging, print, transportation, or healthcare markets.
- 5 years experience in managing and leading a sales team including recruiting, developing, coaching and retaining talented sales professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and grow key customer relationships at various levels.
- Strong leadership and ability to execute against strategy, with an eye towards cost-effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Strong business acumen, excellent judgment, processional competence, ability to inspire trust and confidence with employees at all levels.
- Strong problem solving ability. Creative, resourceful, and action oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or relevant field, MBA is a plus.