Baton Rouge, LA
Our client is a Fortune 200 global leader in the Steel Industry and they are currently seeking an Mechanical Engineer for its plant located in Louisiana. This location is unique in that it utilizes a process unlike any of their other facilities to produce the end products. A person that joins this organization truly has limitless career options for themselves as the company believes in readily promoting from within and wants to see it’s employees succeed and grow the longer they stay there.
- Job responsibilities of this position will include providing support for new equipment, maintaining existing equipment and applying technology to continuously improve the production process.
- The Mechanical Engineer must understand the production process and work as a facilitator between production, maintenance, purchasing and outside contractors.
- The Mechanical Engineer's goals include improving safety, product quality, and production efficiency
- The position requires a self-motivating individual who is capable of initiating projects and tending them to completion no matter what the duration.
- The Mechanical Engineer needs to have the ability and capability to prioritize, organize and track multiple number of assignments and projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology preferred; documented/demonstrated equivalent work experience combined with specialized/focused education in Mechanical engineering principals a consideration.
- At least 4-5 years of related experience as a Mechanical Engineer, this experience in heavy industrial plants like (steel mills, gas processing plants, or any operation processing minerals/ores).
- Excellent problem identification/definition, group process, leadership, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer literate, CAD experience a plus.
- Innovative, self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Team oriented working style.
- The client does have a preference for people that possess experience from Direct Iron Reduction (DRI) plants, industrial gas processing plants, or experience in the blast furnaces of steel mills. Other industry experience will be considered.
The company is offering competitive pay and benefits along with relocation assistance to those moving from outside the area.