Baton Rouge, LA
Our client is a Fortune 200 global leader in the Steel Industry and they are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for it’s plant located in Louisiana. This location is unique in that it utilizes a process unlike any of their other facilities to produce the end products. A person that joins this organization truly has limitless career options for themselves as the company believes in readily promoting from within and wants to see it’s employees succeed and grow the longer they stay there.
- Maintain the drive and control systems for the area assigned. Develop and maintain system preventative/predictive maintenance schedules.
- Lead and assist in system troubleshooting and repairs. Work with maintenance staff to determine the root cause of all electrical failures and develop/implement solutions to stop recurrence.
- Provide troubleshooting support to electrical technicians after normal working hours when needed.
- Develop understanding of existing PLC programs on all equipment. Program and implement PLC modifications as corrective actions to prevent recurrence of issues.
- Maintain and improve electrical documentation.
- Develop long and short-term plans for equipment improvements.
- Assist in planning equipment outages and upgrades.
- Participate in project life-cycle for new equipment upgrades from concept through installation.
- Candidates should possess at least 5 years’ experience working as an Electrical Engineer inside a continuous process manufacturing plant.
- Should have experience with Control Systems like Allen Bradley and hands on experience with equipment installation, repairs, and upgrades of drives, motors, PLCs Instrument panels, and other critical electrical systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Electrical Engineering Technology (BSEET), or Navy Nuclear Electrician certification.
- The client does have a preference for people that possess experience from Direct Iron Reduction (DRI) plants, industrial gas processing plants , or experience in the blast furnaces of steel mills. Other industry experience will be considered.
The company is offering competitive pay and benefits along with relocation assistance to those moving from outside the area