Cedar Springs, GA
Our Steel Industry client is a producer of steel tubular goods and currently it is seeking a new Automation Engineer. This company was recently purchased by one of the largest steel producers in the U.S. and rolled into a new tubular products division. There is lots of room to grow and with the financial backing of a $20 Billion company they are financially stable. The Automation Engineer in this position needs to have some experience upgrading legacy PLCs to more modern Control Logix.
The duties of the Automation Engineer include, but are not limited to, planning, installation, training, programming, testing, and troubleshooting of electrical machinery and automation systems. The person in this role must diagnose process and equipment problems and take appropriate measures to resolve issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training and experience
- Experience or training with Automation Systems and maintenance
- Strong technical skills with a good understanding of industrial PLC logic and programming
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well to other team members
- Word and Excel Experience
- Control and Automated Engineering design proficiency
- PLC Programming (Allen-Bradley) experience
- Industrial Network experience
- AC, DC, and Servo Drives advanced understanding
- Ability to troubleshoot and service complex systems to include: electrical, mechanical, and computer
- Design and service control systems ranging from electromechanical devices and systems to high-speed production machines and PLCs
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Ability to understand and respond to clients’ (both internal and external) and innovate processes in order to optimize client-supplier chain.
- Mastery, application, and updating of technical and professional competencies. Ability to build professional networks.
- Personal commitment, tenacity, and energy applied to one’s management. Ability to solve problems in order to achieve results.
- Ability to interact with people at any level, playing a leading role, stimulating teamwork, agreement, and achievement.
- Ability to manage automation projects with minimal supervision
Keywords: PLC, Allen Bradley, Steel, Tube, Electrical Engineer, Automation, Control Logix, PLC 5, AC, DC, Drives, AutoCAD, trouble shooting, programming.